Subscribing to Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec
Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) offers two types of subscriptions:
- A subscription to all services, on-site and remote, which entitles the patron to a subscriber's card.
- A subscription to remote services, which provides access to electronic resources requiring authentication on BAnQ's Web portal.
In either case, subscribing is free of charge for all Québec residents.
Subscription to remote services
Subscription to remote services (for Québec residents only) entitles patrons to:
All service subscription
A subscription to all services entitles patrons to:
- view "My record" and modify certain personal information
- remotely access online resources requiring authentication
- hold a subscriber's card
- check out materials at the circulation desk or at self-checkout stations
- renew loans at the circulation desk, at self-checkout stations, online or by phone
- reserve materials at Iris-catalogue stations, online or by phone
- reserve and use multimedia stations and have access to the Internet
- reserve and use film viewing stations
- take out interlibrary loans
- have access to digital scanners/printers, microforms and certain materials in the national collection available only upon request, specifically periodicals
- view, at the Grande Bibliothèque, unique copies of certain materials in the heritage collections
- use the software library and language laboratory
- use group rooms, electronic music rooms, research carrels and the adapted work room for patrons with visual impairments, by reservation